Walls, reveals, sweeps and windows.

boofredlay

I created a couple of walls, one brick with a sill and soldier sweep and one EIFS with a sweep and reveals. Then I made a stacked wall with the two. (Disregard the mullion placement, they are to match the reveals eventually)

When I place the window it cuts just fine if I am 1/4" off proper elevation. However as soon as I place the window where it is supposed to be, the brick sill does not get cut and the EIFS sweep above the window is now cut.

For the window head there is no overlap at all so this should act correctly. For the sill, there is no reason not to cut, hell it is part of the stupid wall. WTF?

I am extremely frustrated right now. Any insight would be appreciated.

RevigFU2.jpg

RevigFU1.jpg

It seems that because the window is only cutting through part of the sweep at the sill that the sweep will not fully cut. But that does not explain why the window head projection is cutting when the window is not passing through the sweep.

Meh, I am just going to lower the window 1/4" and cover the detail in 2d.

Sad detail really, why anyone would lower a window through a brick sill is beyond me. This is not my design btw.

• 4 months later...

how did you do the wall sweep for the brick? I understand the horizontal part, but did you use a body modifier or did i miss something in sweep class...