Dynamic Block Resetting

qball

I have a dynamic block with visibility, array and stretch parameters.

If I insert the block from my tool palette into a fresh drawing, then copy and paste a standard detail from another file, the standard detail loses all the actions applied to it and reverts back to the base block. I have tried Wblock the detail and drag and drop.

It seems to only be with this one block.

The block is correctly defined in the standard detail from the original block file.

BLOCK.jpg

MASONRY BLOCK.dwg

quite sure. I insert into new drawing. Then go to the Standard Details drawing, insert the original file "Redefine block" and it happens just the same.

just checking :) , it sounds like a conflict between your blocks visibilty states but I don't know what would cause it with out them sharing some sort of parameter, have you checked the bvstate of both blocks?(may not even be the issue but I figure its worth a look see). I'm not sure what could cause this, have you you run an audit or recover?

Just tried audit and recover to no avail.

BVState is the same in both blocks. That's the thing, it's changing it as soon as I import it. You know the "Reset Block" on the right click menu? It's basically doing that, but without my permission.

is it just these two blocks or does the one from your pallet cause this to happen to any block pasted in?

it sounds almost as if its a setting but i cant think of one that would cause an override like this.

It appears to only be the Masonry Block block. Nothing else on the palette.

What do you mean by "associated parameters".... chained? Nothing chained.