Help with parts of drawing.

dillcad

howto.jpg

How would i draw the things circled in yellow. Im guessing it has to do with the ARC command. I have everything else drawn up but if someone could help me find out how to draw the curved pieces in yellow that would help. Thank you.

I'm assuming that at this very moment you have right angles where those corners should be which means you could use the FILLET command and specify the RADIUS. You have to watch where you make your picks though so you don't get an unexpected result.

Another option would be to draw a circle and trim away what you don't need and of course there is always the ARC command which has several different options. There are probably two other ways to do it that I haven't even thought of yet.

I'm assuming that at this very moment you have right angles where those corners should be which means you could use the FILLET command and specify the RADIUS. You have to watch where you make your picks though so you don't get an unexpected result.

Another option would be to draw a circle and trim away what you don't need and of course there is always the ARC command which has several different options. There are probably two other ways to do it that I haven't even thought of yet.

yes.jpg

Yeah that is what i have right now.

Then I guessed correctly didn't I? Well, try the FILLET command and specify a 1/2" radius making your picks just to either side of the intersection of the right angle.

Then I guessed correctly didn't I? Well, try the FILLET command and specify a 1/2" radius making your picks just to either side of the intersection of the right angle.

Thank you mark. You have been huge help, now i can finish this project.

Two little tips for FILLETs: If you draw a rectangle or a closed polyline and you want to fillet all of the corners, remember to hit the P key right after you start the fillet command. Also, if you have multiple corners that you want to fillet, but they are in different areas on the drawing, hit the M key for multiple fillets. This way you won't have to restart the command for each fillet.

Two little tips for FILLETs: If you draw a rectangle or a closed polyline and you want to fillet all of the corners, remember to hit the P key right after you start the fillet command. Also, if you have multiple corners that you want to fillet, but they are in different areas on the drawing, hit the M key for multiple fillets. This way you won't have to restart the command for each fillet.

Yeah that would of been helpful at the time too. I will remember this for later, thank you supercad.