Snap toolbar in autocad 2012

colganraz

hi all, i use autocad 2005 at work and the systems has already been set up with the toolbars in place we generally use the most. I have recently started college and now have to use 2012 (hate it at the min lol) just wondering how i can get the snap toolbars on this one, either in the ribbon or at the side. I just want to be able to snap to tangent,intersection etc. thanks

I am in the process of looking for the tool bar, but at the bottom of your screen you should be able to see Object snap. You can in there check your typical snap points, endpoint, midpoint, center, ect... and then toggle it on and off by pressing F3. IMO, best choice instead of looking for a tool bar, also... if you draw a line, start a new line and you want a snap position you dont have turned on... say its mid point... hold CNTRL down, and a shortcut menu with all the snaps listed will appear. Hope this helped.

i have found that holding CTRL and right clicking brings up the option you talk about, at the bottom is snap setting where i have now changed the snap points! just need to find how to get it as a toolbar now! but i can function with this information for now so thankyou very much!

i have found that holding CTRL and right clicking brings up the option you talk about, at the bottom is snap setting where i have now changed the snap points! just need to find how to get it as a toolbar now! but i can function with this information for now so thankyou very much!

I think you're missing the point... with proper OSNAP's, one no longer needs to display/incorporate the toolbar into one's workspace. Simply setting common OSNAP options makes these options available during commands (i.e., LINE, etc.) by default. When additional options are required, simply Shift+Right Click to select another option as needed.

PROBLEM SOLVED.... Tools>Toolbars>AutoCad>Object Snap, then drag and drop the toolbar where needed, thanks guys

Always happy to not help. :) (Copyright pending, see your local Alan for additional information)

Use whatever works best for you.

• 1 year later...

Set all you snaps you want at 1 time say like cen, end, mid, perp then type osmode a number will appear this is the snap modes setting number it is basically uniquedepending on the preset combos you want to use all the time I never have the snap toolbar turned on.

To use simple bit of lisp or macro

(defun C:39 ()(setvar 'Osmode 39))

or ^c^cOsmode 39

I use the mouse middle button to pull up an osnap override menu. use the MBUTTONPAN command to toggle to switch between using middle button for panning or snap menu. I generally use command alias P "for pan" for panning. Panning isn't efficient cad drafting anyways.

I have found that when placing 2 objects or text very close to one another you need to turn osnap off or it will connect it to the other object.