Read Only when should not be read only

Goomba

I am using AutoCAD 2011 and getting :

AutoCAD Alert

x:\radiradirah\job\drawing\drawing1.dwg is currently in use or is read only.

Would you like to open the file read-only?

This only started a couple days ago, and only on a couple of drawings, now it seems to be occuring to every drawing

No one else has the file open.

I do have read / write access. The file properties does not have read only ticked.

This only happens with AutoCAD files, excel etc in the same folder open no issue.

I am the only person having this issue.

Any suggestions?

Nevermind.. switched out the network cable and now it works.

Odd that it was dodgey enough to make drawings open read only but not enough to stop me accessing the server.

*file under 'resolution IT help desk would of provided'*

OR NOT

turned on my PC this morning and it was happening again.. checked the cable, change the port it was going into, gave it a jiggle etc

Sometimes if I open a drawing through ACAD rather than double clicking in windows explorer it wont happen

Ideas anyone?!?!

Triple checked permissions.

This is only happening with AutoCAD files, not excel not word not solidworks, only AutoCAD.

Usually when I open a dwg through AutoCAD it opens fine, but not all time.

Almost everytime I open a dwg by double clicking on a file on the server in windows explorer I get the error, but not 100% of the time.

Our IT consultant is believes it is an AutoCAD setting issue, but I am not convinced.

If we aren't flat out this afternoon we are going to try reinstalling AutoCAD which should rule that out.

I remember see a similar thing a few years ago, what was happening was that Autocad was opening each drawing twice for some reason

and so the second open gave the warning that said that it was already in use.