• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MisterJingles

• ReMark

• khoshravan

• SLW210

I wasn't born with that know-how and I've made plenty of mistakes of my own on the way to gaining it

No doubt, we all started at different times but are all travelling the same road, some further ahead than others. Guys like myself appreciate the time and effort users like yourselves put in to helping us along.

No I inherited the drawing and cant be sure whether they use LT or full CAD. Id assume full version as they are a fairly large architectural firm.

JD - Thanks for that, Ive begun using F2 more and more and understand how it can be beneficial. List seems to be another good one, Ill incorporate it.

nestly - Thanks, it could've happened, you never know.

In all likelihood since you inherited the drawing then you did not introduce the errors.

The 2 objects in question were drawn by me though.

Thanks SLW.

No not by me, at least not consciously. And I'm the only one working on CAD files here.

What I will do is add to this thread next time it happens and perhaps we can pick up some similarities.

Point is I know how to fix it next time.

MJ: Did you check to see what the value for ELEVATION is current set at?

How can I check the current value of ELEVATION. I know I can see the z value in properties or LIST. Are you talking about these points or something else. Because setting current vlaue is sth different.

Create a button with this Macro to set Z = 0.

^C^C_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;^M;

I used above code to OP's file but I get following error message:

Command: ^C^C_UCS;;_move Unknown command "^C^C_UCS;;_MOVE". Press F1 for help.

Command: _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move Unknown command "ALL;;0,0,1E99;;_MOVE". Press

F1 for help.

Command: _all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;^M;

Unknown command "ALL;;0,0,-1E99;;_CHPROP;_ALL;;_THICKNESS;0;;^M;". Press F1

for help.

Doest it mean my CAD can't recognize "_move" command?

Have you tried to type elev at the command line :unsure:

Thanks. I did type elevation. It said: Specify new default elevation : which means the default value is 0.00

I was expecting to get the wrong figure (other elevation, 0.4086 or so).

One more question in this regard. Does it mean that we can draw 3D drawings in two 2D by use of elev inputs?

Did you try and type _move at the command line to see if it works outside the macro ?

The macro is just a sequence of commands that could be manually typed each time at the keyboard.

One more question in this regard. Does it mean that we can draw 3D drawings in two 2D by use of elev inputs?

I am not quite sure whether it would be very convenient to keep on altering the elevation value. Why not just type in the 3D coordinates. Or use a polyline's property of only having one z value.

Did you try and type _move at the command line to see if it works outside the macro ?

The macro is just a sequence of commands that could be manually typed each time at the keyboard.

_move works and it behaves like ordinary "move". Actualy I don't know the function of "_" in _move.

I copied whole macro from the post and paseted into command line. Is it might be the reason it doesn't work?

I am not quite sure whether it would be very convenient to keep on altering the elevation value. Why not just type in the 3D coordinates. Or use a polyline's property of only having one z value.

Good point about this, is that you can enter elevation in 2D. I didn't know that. Maybe if sombody wants to start a drawing from 2D and then shift to 3D, this feature might be useful to him.

Actualy I don't know the function of "_" in _move.

In case your menu is not in English/American, the "_" translates the command.

From my Help file :- The standard AutoCAD commands and keywords are translated automatically if you precede each command or keyword with the underscore character (_)

I am not quite sure why the macro does not work. Perhaps someone else might know. I always type out that procedure, but you have to be exact with your typing o:)

I used above code to OP's file but I get following error message:

Command: ^C^C_UCS;;_move Unknown command "^C^C_UCS;;_MOVE". Press F1 for help.

Command: _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move Unknown command "ALL;;0,0,1E99;;_MOVE". Press

F1 for help.

Command: _all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;^M;

Unknown command "ALL;;0,0,-1E99;;_CHPROP;_ALL;;_THICKNESS;0;;^M;". Press F1

for help.

That MACRO is for a BUTTON. It is not for pasting to the command line.

i didnt back read but just now. if u want to join some lines or arc. just draw first in 2d drafting and annotation then top view because it didnt join if that is not same elevation

• 5 years later...

I apologize if I'm the only one that doesn't understand exactly what question it is you're referring to?

Are you having trouble joining an arc and a line?

• 1 year later...

Hello Friends.

I have a problem. I have two splines at same elevation and joined at ends. Now, i want to make them as one spline. I have tried Join & Pedit commands but they are not working. I have the CAD file but i don't know how to attach it here. Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank You.

I have a problem. I have two splines at same elevation and joined at ends. Now, i want to make them as one spline. I have tried Join & Pedit commands but they are not working. I have the CAD file but i don't know how to attach it here. Looking forward to hear from you.

Are you sure the splines are at the same elevation? I just tried the JOIN command on two splines and it worked fine in 2018.

Edit: I just found your other post, with the drawing attached, and provided an answer. In the future, please post your questions only once.