AutoCAD Electrical : Update title block for all sheets in project after modification

ganeshnrg2002

Hello All,

I have a title block created as a single block, It also has a revision block added to it .I would like to add a new revision block for the same title block and update the project drawings for only this addition .

Could some one guide me on how to carry out this activity and also the associated script for updating the same.

Regards,

Ganesh

Hello,

I also use electrical.

Do you want to place or replace a block (titleblock)?.

If updating a block, go to pulldown menu "components" -> "componensts miscellaneous" -> "Swap update block" (under projects pulldown menu). Next screen.......play with it. When place one.....write script en run "project wide utillities"-> "run command script file"

When updating, be sure that the insertionpoint of the blocks are the same.

PmxCAD

Hello,

Thanks for the response . I would need the script to update the Title block in all my project sheets .

Also could you guide me how I add ony the revision block and update the Title block in all projects .

Regards,

Ganesh

Why update the block? Other attribut values or visiual? Do you know how to export the attribut values to Excel? Edit the values in Excel and import it back to Autocad..........done. Make shure all drawings containing the titleblock are in the project manager en all the user (your) attribute are in the USER ATTRIBUTE LIST.

For placing a revision block: Why not open the titleblock in blockeditor, insert the revision block, explode that block, you wil see the attributes tags from that block. Be sure ther not doublle attribute tags with the same name.

Updating the block for all drawings (the drawings in the projectmanager/project)

Go to pulldown menu "components" -> "componensts miscellaneous" -> "Swap update block" -> "Update a block - substitute new version of selected block" -> "OK" -> select the titleblock from a open drawing -> it comes whit a diolog to browse for the updated block -> leave all setings as the are. select the option "project" -> select the drawing witch you want to update -> process v or else do all -> ok -> always qsave.

Lots of information, give it a try..............

PmxCAd

Hello,

Thanks for the response .

I am new to AutoCAD electrical and don't know the export and import activity .

Updated the Title Block with revision block in Block editor mode .The issue I have here is I need to always update the Block in Blockeditor mode for any changes .Also I have encosed a ppt regarding update of particular parameters in Title Block.

Slide1.: Indicates the project description which I need to enter for Title Block update

Slide2: Indiactes the method used for update in this project

Slide3: Indicates the line for Title block update.

The issue I have is , I am unable to update the total project with required revision values by entering in Step1 and Update Step 3 for Title block update for whole project individually per step2 .

Regards,

Ganesh

Presentation2.zip