Plotting Problem (borders shown, texts incomplete)

nonahvy

I have a problem in plotting. In layout, the whole drawing and text were shown, but in my output (printed drawing) the texts are incomplete.

Please help, Im newbie.09272011(001).jpgpencil.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nonahvy

• Jeff H

• nicolas

• ccowgill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could it be page size? Always Check page preview prior to printing especially if you have a lot to print? You can be in layout and still printing as window, display ... You can start with window to set the printing boundary, center, page size and orientation, scale (check and uncheck scale to get an idea on what scale you should use) and if the preview is ok, then apply to layout. The next time, printing the layout will be ok.

Looks like a wipeout or the edge of the viewport. Is the text in model space and the border in paper space?

+1

TFRAMES will show the border of the wipeout. Just to a REGEN after executing the command.

Looks like a wipeout or the edge of the viewport. Is the text in model space and the border in paper space?

The text and the borders are made both in model space.

%5CUsers%5Cnona%5CPictures

could it be page size? Always Check page preview prior to printing especially if you have a lot to print? You can be in layout and still printing as window, display ... You can start with window to set the printing boundary, center, page size and orientation, scale (check and uncheck scale to get an idea on what scale you should use) and if the preview is ok, then apply to layout. The next time, printing the layout will be ok.

Yes, Ive been checking the page preview always when I am about to print. It shows all ( drawing,text,borders).

Edited by nonahvy

+1

TFRAMES will show the border of the wipeout. Just to a REGEN after executing the command.

I tried encoding again the texts, i turned off the TFRAMES, still the same.

Check your page setting in windows start|Device and Printer, select your printer and set default page to the page size you are going to print the drawing. Back to the dwg, see the page size in plot dialog box, prior to print preview and see if it is supported by your printer. As your drawing is in model space, no need to apply to layout. If it is still not working, there is but two solutions left. Try changing from printer to dwg to pdf and select the full-bleed paper size type and print or upload the drawing here.

Check your page setting in windows start|Device and Printer, select your printer and set default page to the page size you are going to print the drawing. Back to the dwg, see the page size in plot dialog box, prior to print preview and see if it is supported by your printer. As your drawing is in model space, no need to apply to layout. If it is still not working, there is but two solutions left. Try changing from printer to dwg to pdf and select the full-bleed paper size type and print or upload the drawing here.

Can I have your email address? I will send to you my drawing, dwg is not allowed here,only jpeg. thanks

You can load up a dwg but I will send you personal message with email if you want me to take a look.

send me your email now, so that i can forward my drawing to you jeff. thanks!

I tried and got this message

nonahvy has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove nonahvy from the recipient list and send the message again.

I guess you need to change a setting in your profile to allow all members to send you a PM or I sent you a friend request so If you accept then I could send you one

I already change my settings, you can PM me now.

I tried and got this message

I guess you need to change a setting in your profile to allow all members to send you a PM or I sent you a friend request so If you accept then I could send you one

I do think this is how you had it set up or what was used to plot, and I deleted the other TitleBlocks to reduced the file from 2Mb to a little less than 200kB so it would upload.

The paper size was 8.5x14 which I am not familiar with and I am not sure what papersize and scale you try yo use with a titleblock drawn at 7482 x 4631 in, but i do not think that anything to do with it.

Capture.PNG

The pic from OP I can think of a couple things it could be.

Do you have the drawing and layout used in the picture you posted?

What paper size was used?

Can you print the Pdf I uploaded?

I uploaded reduced file and pdf

Municipal Map Copy.dwg

Municipal Map Copy-Layout1 (2).pdf

Here is original file if anyone needs to download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17374049/Municipal%20Map.dwg

I will remove the above file in a day or so

I tried the LEGAL or 8.5 x 14(layout tab 1), still no good. In the model tab, It is scaled already that can fit to my paper size Long(8.5x13).

Yes, I have the drawing and layout used in the picture I posted.

I printed the pdf you uploaded, it shows all (text,drawing,border), but the problem is, the scale of my map is not correct. The drawing is bigger than the one in my layout tab mode you have seen.

I do think this is how you had it set up or what was used to plot, and I deleted the other TitleBlocks to reduced the file from 2Mb to a little less than 200kB so it would upload.

The paper size was 8.5x14 which I am not familiar with and I am not sure what papersize and scale you try yo use with a titleblock drawn at 7482 x 4631 in, but i do not think that anything to do with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30288[/ATTACH]

The pic from OP I can think of a couple things it could be.

Do you have the drawing and layout used in the picture you posted?

What paper size was used?

Can you print the Pdf I uploaded?

I uploaded reduced file and pdf

[ATTACH]30287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30289[/ATTACH]

Here is original file if anyone needs to download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17374049/Municipal%20Map.dwg

I will remove the above file in a day or so