Master control for Annotative scaling?

neuri

Hello,

I've been watching some youtube tutorials on annotations, seems like I need to set the scale for Text / Dimensions / Multileaders / Leaders / Hatches.

Just wondering, is there something like a "master annotation" config I can use to set them all at once?

And which scale do I use to control the scale of my lines in my drawing? I draw in metric, and when I select a linestyle called HIDDEN, I need to set the scale to about 300 for it to appear as a HIDDEN line, other wise it's just a normal line.

How do I go about fixing that? Under normal circumstances, it should appear as a hidden line with just a scale factor of 1 in properties right? Why do I always have to make mine a scale factor of 300? I draw in 1:1.

As far as I know there is nothing like a ´master annotation´.

You'll have to ajust them all separatly. And then save them to a template.

As for your scalecontrol-problem.

You draw 1:1 in modelspace, but you plot to a diverent scale like 1:100. if not you will have to keep scaling your linetypes.

If you do plot to a different scale, it is best to make good use of your paperspace and viewports.

By using a viewport to scale your drawing to a scale of...say the 1:100, you will see that the linetype you want to dash (your Hidden line) will be dashed to a correct scale. Mind you! When the linetype scale does not fit your taste, you will have to tweak it to your liking.

For more info on the paperspace and viewports just look around the forum or tutorials, it's been explaned in depth all over the internet. (and my englisch is not zo good for explanink :lol:)

I hope this helps you on your way.

If not, i'm sorry for wasting your time with what you probebly already know.

Any reply is helpful to me :D

What i meant about the line scale thing is when i draw in modelspace, the hidden lines appear as a normal line until i change the scale in Properties.

I want it to appear as a dotted line in modelspace when i draw it and not draw it, select it then change the scale.

Thanks. :D

Hello,

I've been watching some youtube tutorials on annotations, seems like I need to set the scale for Text / Dimensions / Multileaders / Leaders / Hatches.

Just wondering, is there something like a "master annotation" config I can use to set them all at once?

And which scale do I use to control the scale of my lines in my drawing? I draw in metric, and when I select a linestyle called HIDDEN, I need to set the scale to about 300 for it to appear as a HIDDEN line, other wise it's just a normal line.

How do I go about fixing that? Under normal circumstances, it should appear as a hidden line with just a scale factor of 1 in properties right? Why do I always have to make mine a scale factor of 300? I draw in 1:1.

You can set all annotations at once.

Go to model space.

In the lower right there is an icon to add annotation scales automatically, make sure that is on.

Pick an annotation scale from the drop down to the left of that icon, one or two over.

Anything annotative is now set with the scale you just picked, pick another one and that anno scale is added to all.

For linetype scale make the following setting changes, a regenall may be required.

MSLTSCALE = 1

LTSCALE = 0.5 (this can be adjusted for personal taste, .3 to 1 usually works)

PSLTSCALE = 1

CANNOSCALE = (DESIRED PLOT SCALE, set with anno scale drop down

lower right)

You can set all annotations at once.

Go to model space.

In the lower right there is an icon to add annotation scales automatically, make sure that is on.

Pick an annotation scale from the drop down to the left of that icon, one or two over.

Anything annotative is now set with the scale you just picked, pick another one and that anno scale is added to all.

For linetype scale make the following setting changes, a regenall may be required.

MSLTSCALE = 1

LTSCALE = 0.5 (this can be adjusted for personal taste, .3 to 1 usually works)

PSLTSCALE = 1

CANNOSCALE = (DESIRED PLOT SCALE, set with anno scale drop down

lower right)

Hmm... i'll give that a try at work.