DXF files are tripling in size ...

3rdElle

I need to save my drawing files to dxf format. I do this by typing in "DXFOUT" in the command line. This creates the DXF file I need for uploading into another environment, however I am noticing its size is 3x the size of the dwg file.

IS THERE A WAY TO REDUCE THE FILE SIZE OF THE DXF?

when I had to convert files to .dxf, for another program, we put everything on one single layer and purged prior to saving. This way, the other program would not pick up any unwanted information to try and decipher. Since we didn't pay attention to file size, not sure if this would help in your case.

If you save the DXF file in ASCII format, you are going to get a file three times the size, but if you compress the file, you will find it will pack down smaller than a compressed drawing file.

However you could try changing the DXF Options, where you can save in BINARY format and also Select objects, when the DXF file is only 1½ times the size.