Auto cad 2012 annotation scales not fully listed?

Justine Lewis

I can not figure out why my annotation scale list has very few scale listings to choose form. The only scales that are listed are ratio (i.e. 1:1), i seem to be missing feet and inches (i.e. 1/4" = 1'). Is there a way to turn the rest of the scales on?

Sorry if the question is worded confusing, I am new to Auto Cad. Thank you in advance for any help.

My guess is that you're using a ISO template rather than an Imperial template

The picture below should be the default scales for acad.dwt and acadiso.dwt respectively. Dimstyles, units, linetypes etc. also change depending on which template you use, so if you're doing Imperial drawings, I recommend you default to acad.dwt (or any of the other non-iso templates) until you create your own template that's custom tailored to your preferences. To change the default template; Tools > Options > Files > Template Settings > Default Template File Name for QNEW

BTW, welcome to Cadtutor. :)

Default Scales.jpg

I guess I didn't directly answer your question, so if you want to add additional scales, you can click on "Custom" near the bottom of the existing scale list and add whatever scales you wish, or I think you can insert another drawing into your existing ISO drawing, and all the scales from that drawing will be added to the scalelist.