Annotative blocks work in MEP (where created) but do not work in vanilla ACAD...?

erratic

I'm at a loss here... hopefully I can explain this without complicating things:

All of my block updates work just fine when I use them in MEP 12, but we have a couple of drafters working in vanilla AutoCAD & for some reason the same commands/ blocks/ settings (same exact file even) that work in MEP do not work in regular ACAD.

Now they do "work" - the commands/ block insertion - but the annotative adjustment (i.e. 1/4" to 1/8" to etc) do not work until I select the block and add the desired scale to its annotative object scale list - why is this necessary? it isn't in MEP? The blocks work/ act properly annotatively once inserted and adjusted as mentioned above, but again, why? Why? Why is this necessary? All of the scale are in the block file as it resides in my block folder...?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:unsure:

Edited by erratic
spelling

Well I think I solved my own problem... unless I am mistaken - the "annoautoscale" system variable was the source of my problem. Once added to LISP to set to (1) the blocks acted correctly in both vanilla ACAD as well as MEP. I figured it had to be something simple that I was overlooking, but then again I am just getting familiar with annotative in general myself. Thanks for reading & hopefully this will help another somwhere down the line. l8r

8)

That's strange. I generally have my AnnoAutoScale=0. Otherwise it adds the current CAnnoScale to absolutely everything in the drawing. This is generally what I don't want as working with annotative objects having more than just a few scales attached to them makes for a painful exercise. Though when I insert an annotative block the newly inserted block takes on the scale set in my CAnno no problem, don't need to adjust the AnnoAuto either.

How are you "inserting" those blocks? Not through the insert command? Are you using tool palettes / design centre / copy-n-paste?