Windows copy paste not working

DaveFullmer

Hi all

I regularly use CTL-C & CTL-V to move objects from one drawing to another. That is I used to but now it's broken. When I select objects and use CTL-C, the command line says "_copyclip x found" (where "x" is the number of objects). I then go to another drawing and use CTL-V whereupon the command line says "_pasteclip" but I get no opportunity to select a base point and nothing more happens. I found a string describing this exact problem and a member suggested a "HotFix" of file "acdb17.dll" I searched my ACAD install folder and found no such file. I searched the entire hard drive and didn't find it. I put the supposed magic file in my

ACAD folder (along with all the other dll files), re-started AutoCAD and still I can't use windows copy and paste. These commands work as expected in all other programs, just not Auto CAD. It's not that I'm married to the clipboard but I really need to move objects from one drawing to another. I also tried first saving all objects as a block but that didn't help. I've read where this problem exists in 2007 but I used to use 2007 with no problem. I'm on 2002 now and it used to work on that too.

I believe the problem first manifest itself in 2007 thus any drawing that was created prior to the fix would have exhibited the characteristics you describe. Now, had you obtained the drawing from someone who was using 2007 you could ask them to apply the fix, resave the drawing and send it to you. That should, in effect, eliminate the problem. Do you still have access to 2007?

Perhaps, post the drawing, a forum member could open and save as *.dwg ACAD vs. 2000. Then, repost your drawing

in the older version so you could get to work.

I use '07 but, save to 2000 'cause I distribute the drawing(s) at times.

Some customers ask (demand) drawing files in vs. 2000.

As SLW210 says:

Download and install DWGTrueView from the Autodesk website (its free).

Use the 'Convert' option of TrueView on the problem file to convert it to the version that it is already saved at. (Sounds daft but it fixes the file).

Tell whoever sent you the file to get the updates from the Autodesk site to fix their 2007. (updates can be downloaded for free).