DraftSight: help drawing rectangle at an angle

iii76

Hello,

I had to join the site to ask as google didnt bring much help.

Basically trying to draw a rectangle at an angle of 80 degrees from the blue vertical line. Rectangle should be in the position where the blackline is drawn.

Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thank you :)

Pic:

angle.jpg

There are an assortment of ways to do that. You could draw the rectangle in x and y, then rotate it into position. You could draw a single line, rotate it into position, then offset the first line what ever distance you need, then connect the ends. All sorts of ways to do it. Either of these involve the rotate command. Check the Command Reference in the help file for instructions on using rotate.

Does Draftsight have a SNAPANG command?

There is, but it's undocumented in the help files, and for some reason I can't get it to work properly. Setting snapang to 80 in autocad does exactly what the OP is trying to do. Setting snapang to 80 in draftsight causes it to draw a line 84° away from vertical. if i set it to 90, it draws a line at 27° from horizontal. Think they got a bug in that command, which may be why it's undocumented.

Good suggestion' date=' but no, it's set for decimal degrees.[/quote']

Perhaps it is not picking up on the decimal degrees, because 90radians = 5156.6° = 116.6° (when subtracting n x 360), and 80 radians = 4583.7° = 263.7°.

These angles are very close to those directions you were reporting :D

Just as easy to draw it and then rotate IMHO.

Agreed. That's why I suggested that first. And at least "rotate" works properly. I've dug into that snapang thing and can not make it work properly. As I said previously, the command is undocumented in the help files, so I suspect it just ain't ready for prime time yet.

You can rotate the ucs, or rather the ccs in draftsight by whatever angle is needed and that will work correctly. Don't know whats up with snapang.