AutoCad Snap to Endpoint Issues

jackallen12

Ok, so I am enrolled in an Intro to AutoCAD class, and I am stuck on one of the examples from the "AutoCAD 2012 Tutorial First Level: 2D Fundamentals" book. The example includes making a "Sensor Mount." I need to use Tangent, tangent, radius option to create a circle tangent to one circle, and tangent to the end point of another line. The problem is that whenever I click snap to endpoint, then click the end point of the line, it gives me an error in the command prompt and makes me select a new point. I tried just clicking on the endpoint without snapping it, but that made it so the circle was tangent to the WHOLE line, not just the end point. If someone has the book, it is page 2-31, exercise number 4. Again, it is called the "Sensor Mount." Any help would be appreciated guys!

I am trying to make a tangent tangent circle tangent to one circle and tangent to the end point of a line. I have no idea of another way to make the circle touch the line at the exact end point and nothing else on the line. I click on the snap to end point then click on the line while in the tangent tangent radius option and the command prompt says "Specify point on object for first tangent of circle: _endp of

*Requires a TAN object-snap and selection of Circle, Arc, or Line."

...make the circle touch the line at the exact end point and nothing else on the line

the circle was tangent to the WHOLE line, not just the end point

Tangent is tangent.

If it doesn't touch at the exact end point - then the line (or something else, like the location or size of the first circle) isn't correct. Trim it to the tangent.

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.