step by step guide for complete beginners

englishben

Can any one please advise on text books/learning material for learning cad 2010?. I'm looking for a step by step guide for complete beginners, somthing that will walk me though all the basics Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Free material always works for me:).

Most books about AutoCAD come with a companion CD with drawing examples keyed to various chapters.

What kind of drawings are you doing? If you like architectural drawings then the book you need to look at/buy is called AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011 - No Experience Required by Jon McFarland. He takes the reader from start to finish through the construction of a small building and it covers both 2D and 3D.

then the book you need to look at/buy is called AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011 - No Experience Required by Jon McFarland. He takes the reader from start to finish through the construction of a small building and it covers both 2D and 3D.

I rate this book also. Here in the office we have every copy of it going back several years. It is always interesting to see how the house he builds changes slightly every year, I think about 2 or 3 years back he completely revamped his house/made a new house :)

It focuses solely on an architectural perspective (bar some basic mechanical geometry near the start I think) although the methods taught in it transfer over to other disciplines easily.