isometric trouble

edwardmchale

I am trying to have autocad automatically create an isometric view from a front, side and top view...but I have no idea where to begin

Well if you did draw your object(s) in 3D AutoCAD could extract all the normal views like top, front, side, as well as any isometric view you needed.

To draw everything in 2D you first need to use the SNAP command, pick STYLE, then select ISOMETRIC. Use the F5 key to toggle between the three iso-planes.

BTW...it is up to you whether or not to use the snap spacing (default = 1). My personal preference is not to use it. You may decide otherwise.

Thank you but I know how to draw the view manually, but a classmate told me that provided you have the other three views that cad will automatically produce an isometric view...

Then ask your classmate how it is done. I never heard of it in AutoCAD.

Like ReMark stated, draw it in 3D first then you can produce "normal views like top, front, side, as well as any isometric view you needed".

If this is a school project, please provide us with your instructions and any work you have done so far.

thanks for the merger...i am to find a way to produce perspective detailed drawings faster and a classmate told me the newer autocad versions calculated dimensions and layers from the top, side and frontal views and "somehow" produces a perspective view.

We will need to defer this to ReMark, this must be a futuristic version and he is from the future.

Either your "friend" is pulling your leg or someone is pulling his. At any rate tell him you figured it out.

...a classmate told me the newer autocad...

I can't remember if this was added in 2011 or 2012 version, but there was a trick to make it work in 2010 as a preview of future functionality.

You must do this exactly as stated and it only works on April 1, so you might have to reset your system date just to get it to work (post back if you need instructions on how to do this).

Type (with the minus sign)

-toolbar hit Enter

S Enter

A Enter

then look for this icon Easy Iso.png

You might just try it without changing your system clock.

This is probably what your friend heard about - but can't remember how to show you.

Post back with your results of this experiment.

Edited by JD Mather

I can't remember if this was added in 2011 or 2012 version, but there was a trick to make it work in 2010 as a preview of future functionality.

You must do this exactly as stated and it only works on April 1, so you might have to reset your system date just to get it to work (post back if you need instructions on how to do this).

Type (with the minus sign)

-toolbar hit Enter

S Enter

A Enter

then look for this icon [ATTACH=CONFIG]30431[/ATTACH]

You might just try it without changing your system clock.

This is probably what your friend heard about - but can't remember how to show you.

Post back with your results of this experiment.

Hee, Hee, Hee. That's a good one JD. I've also heard this will work on Friday the 13th.

Nice one JD...Dont worry fellas I will be telling my classmate he should only teach that which he knows. And I will try not to be so gullable next time...thanks