Copying objects from one layout space to another

ADAM'S_APPLE

Hello,

Is there a way of copying an object or viewport from one specific position in layout/paper space to the same position on another layout tab??

Know how to do it in Photoshop via the keyboard. Is there a way of doing it in CAD??

Thanks.:)

Adam

Of coarse, if you don't have a title block or anything to snap to in paperspace the easiest thing to do is simply copy the layout as many times as you want (right click tab, move or copy).

-ChriS

If there's some question about where the title blocks have been inserted--in other words, if I didn't personally copy the layouts, or if they're from different places--I'll draw a line in paper space (or model space if need be) from a known point to the insertion point. Then I copy/paste that line from one layout to the next using the known point. Then I can paste the object of interest to the other end of that line. Clunky but sometimes necessary.

Got tired of consultants putting title blocks where ever so if you want it will post here, I have a move title block to 0,0 all layouts so makes copy layout then work.

lol I made no mention of title blocks specifically but by 'objects' (that term is inclusive of lines/objects that make up 'title blocks' in layouts) I mean moving anything visible in layout to the same position in another tab!

Without sounding too ignorant..So how does one copy with base point and paste to the same location using co-ordinates? I mean how do you type in the exact co-ordinates when copying something? I know how to copy with base point and paste (just in case you think I'm very ignorant).

(@ammobake - That was the method I was employing before!)

lol I made no mention of title blocks specifically but by 'objects' (that term is inclusive of lines/objects that make up 'title blocks' in layouts) I mean moving anything visible in layout to the same position in another tab!

Without sounding too ignorant..So how does one copy with base point and paste to the same location using co-ordinates? I mean how do you type in the exact co-ordinates when copying something? I know how to copy with base point and paste (just in case you think I'm very ignorant).

(@ammobake - That was the method I was employing before!)

Edit -> Copy

Edit -> Paste to original coordinates

Edit: not sure if will do what you want after rereading the question

Is there a way of copying an object or viewport from one specific position in layout/paper space to the same position on another layout tab??

In addition to the other answers' date=' ToolPac has a Layout Insert tool - which will insert the same block or image on chosen layouts, and/or allow you to copy a selection set to multiple layouts.