Problem exploding my drawing..

koster121

hello.not sure if this is in the right section im an engineering student and recently got building drawings off an architect. when i open the drawing up in autocad 2008, parts of the building are in blocks. when i try to explode a block, autocad shuts down.. i tied exploding the block using autocad 2010 but then around 100 or 200 lines appear, all arcing through my drawing... Anybody have any ideas?

we may need more information and it would be easier if you could just post the file, is this 3d or 2d? have you tried doing a recover on the file yet?

if uyou can post the file make sure you save it down so those of us with older CADs can open it

Why was it necessary to explode the parts of the buildings that were blocks? What were you attempting to do?

What are your system specs?

When AutoCAD shut down did you get any kind of error message?

It sounds like you are getting architecture-specific objects. In non-architecture versions, they appear as blocks (when they appear at all), and strange things can happen when you explode them. If this is what's happening, then as SLW suggested, you need object enablers. That way you'll see the objects as they were drawn, and you should avoid all those problems you describe.