Penn Foster Structural Plate 2

armydude2211

hi all I am working on the Penn Foster Structural Plate 2 and i want to post a screen shot to ask if it looks correct, but i can not figure out how and i dont want to just post my drawing. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• armydude2211

• chloe2012

• Jack_O'neill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you hit the prntscrn button on your keyboard, it will copy everything on your screen to the windows clipboard. You can then start paint or a similar editor, paste it in, crop or edit as needed, then saveas either a jpg or png. I usually use png simply because the filesizes are smaller. Once you have that done, you can hit the 7th button from the left at the top of the reply screen and a dialog will open that will allow you to navigate to your file and upload it. If you pause over the button for a few seconds it will say "insert image" in the tool tip.

Awesome thank you very much. Ok now that i have accomplished that monumental task lol. Will someone please glance at my drawing and tell me if it looks alright so far. This is the south elevation of the structural drafting section of penn foster. Two of the things that i have not done yet is put in the sliding door and slant the roof for the drain. well and add the drain. oh crap and add the rebar in the footings. lol. I have drew it all on layer 0.

Structural plate 2.jpg

You're welcome. That part I could help you with. Penn Foster, not so much. Never took their course. Lots of folks come through with questions about it though, and Dink found a couple links for you. You can use the search features to find others too, you may just have to dig a bit. I'm sure someone will be along in a bit with better answers for you.

Thank you ReMark. I also have a question on the roof. It is supposed to have a slight slant 1/8" every 1' to a drain that is between row 2 and 3. Do I find where the drain is and draw the slant to the walls using the 1/8" increase till I reach the walls?

Do you know the location and elevation of the drain?

Do you already have your wall heights set?

Unfortunately I have to be on the road in a few minutes. I will try catching up with you later to see how you have progressed.

Time now is 2:23 p.m. EDST

Yes, I have the wall heights but for the drain the directions says it is similer to the one shown in the second part of Figure 21-56 in the work book. But, when you look at the one in the work book it does not give any size discriptions on the inlet drain or anything.

OK...I'm back. Sorry for the delay.

It looks like you might be on Plate 3. Is that correct?

The roof slab is 6" high at both ends. It is roughly 4-1/8" high at the center of the roof drain. It is 27'-0" from the centerline of the far left hand column to the centerline of the drain. The drain size should be called out in the mechanical details.

That's the best I can do for you at the moment. Hope it helps.

Actually, I am working on plate 2. But, the roof should still slope right? I guess I would be talking about the slope North and South. The opposite of the one on plate 3. Please let me know if I am wrong! Thank you.

I would have to take a look at the instructions. It may well be pitched towards the drain in both the north-south and east-west directions.

In the 2010 student version of AutoCAD how do you depict welded wire fabric in a profile view. I seen in the book it shows dashed lines with and x between the dashes. But, I can not find it as a choice as a line type. Where can I look to find it or do I have to draw it and make it into a line type?

You can easily create your own linetype or fake it using the Divide or Measure command and a block consisting of an "x". There are probably two or three other ways to accomplish the task I haven't even thought of it. Give me some time I'm only on my first cup of coffee. I really don't start getting creative until I've reached ten cups.

You can easily create your own linetype or fake it using the Divide or Measure command and a block consisting of an "x". There are probably two or three other ways to accomplish the task I haven't even thought of it. Give me some time I'm only on my first cup of coffee. I really don't start getting creative until I've reached ten cups.

I once drank more than 10 cups of coffee a day, every day. Not any more :)

I looked at the instructions this morning and the only mention of a roof drain is on page 14. There is a note to see Figure 21-56 (page 6 - Structural Drafting with Basic Architectural Applications). I do not have access to this reference material.

yeah all that is, is showing you how it looks. it does not say how to draw it thought. Does anyone know what Penn Foster does if you are not able to complete all of the drawings before the end of the class? I know for a fact that i am not going to be able to finish all the drawings in time. Thanks in part to getting deployed for a year then having 3 other times in the field equaling to just under 4 months. Thankfully they have extended me a couple of times already but thanks to the army I will not finish this in time. I just dont want to get screwed having to pay the 1600 for this course out of pocket.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I am on the right track, if and what I have done incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Structural Plate 2.jpg