+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Yes you are correct. I will work on the additions/changes to the drawing over the weekend, as well as the other plates. That does make sense and is why I left those details out. I just saw it on one of the images in another thread and thought I would ask.

No questions about the supply opening. I put that there cause I thought that is what you were referring to when you mentioned the garage.

Hopefully I can finish all 5 projects within the allotted time period.

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    CPU:
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    RAM:
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    Graphics:
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    Discipline
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

I think Penn-Foster gives the student way more latitude in what is acceptable to submit as a finished drawing than some of us might. I've seen images of drawings posted where I think the student should get a grade of "C" only to have the student come back and say they got an "A". I guess I must be too picky. LOL

I wish you well in your completion of all the projects. Stop by anytime with more questions if and when the need arises. Good luck.
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Computer Details
    Jack_O'neill's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    xp
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Jack_O'neill's Discipline Details
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Details
    The bulk of my business is commercial curtainwall, site plans and floor plans. I do occasionally get a bit of tool and die, and the odd house now and again.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ReMark View Post
    I think Penn-Foster gives the student way more latitude in what is acceptable to submit as a finished drawing than some of us might. I've seen images of drawings posted where I think the student should get a grade of "C" only to have the student come back and say they got an "A". I guess I must be too picky. LOL

I wish you well in your completion of all the projects. Stop by anytime with more questions if and when the need arises. Good luck.
    Grades other than "A" are not politically correct. You could damage the student's self esteem and traumatize him if you told him he did it wrong. ........... ............ .................... ................... ............... Sorry, that was as long as I could keep a straight face.
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. -Robert Heinlein

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    Graphics:
    Primary Storage:
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Discipline
    See details...
    Occupation
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

I doubt that even crossed Penn-Foster's mind. I think it is mainly all about the money. Get them in, get them signed on, get the money then get them out the door as quickly as possible with the least amount of contact. Next! Now serving number 23,567.

I don't think the projects have changed much, if at all, in the last five years.
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Computer Details
    Jack_O'neill's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    xp
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Jack_O'neill's Discipline Details
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Details
    The bulk of my business is commercial curtainwall, site plans and floor plans. I do occasionally get a bit of tool and die, and the odd house now and again.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2010

I don't think so either, I just couldn't resist. My wife is a kindergarten teacher in public schools, and she wages a constant battle with the "PC" police. She sent a note home the other day to one kid's parents with a list of phonics she wanted them to coach him on. The note said their son was struggling with understanding how to sound out certain letter combinations (exact quote) and that it would help if the could give him extra practice at home. They were in the principal's office the next day to complain about the "strongly worded and insulting letter" that teacher had sent home about their brilliant son. The quote I gave was what they found to be strongly worded and insulting.
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. -Robert Heinlein

Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Hi,

So this may be a very dumb question....all of the plates are being drawn in model space and submitted in the same .dwg file....am I correct?

If this is the case, when it says the details are to be drawn 4x its actual size, this means scaling will be done in model space and if something is 6" in length it will be 2' in length and not reflect its true length....what's the sense in that? unless I am missing something, which is entirely possible!

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    Graphics:
    Primary Storage:
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Discipline
    See details...
    Occupation
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

There is no sense in that since AutoCAD has had the ability to create paper space layouts for several years. It is one of the major aspects of the P-F course that I just don't understand how they can justify neglecting.

Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Wish I had known all this before I started the programme....oh well now I just want to finish