• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miedy12

• JD Mather

• ReMark

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry guys but our prof wants autocad and it is my final project. my submission is tommorrow help me plss i dont know how to make a upper of jeans like strap thanks

In your "Making a wheel or rim" thread, you said that was your final project.

plss help me im newbie in autocad but this is my finals project in school

Now you're saying this is your final project. So which is it? And why did you wait until the last day to start on something like this? It's going to be very difficult to do in Autocad, and I really don't understand why your instructor would give you a project like this which is so obviously not what Autocad is about. This is something more suited for a program like Studio Max or Maya, not Autocad.

All I can say is good luck. ;)

Not sure if you have the time to learn about AutoCAD meshes as JDM suggested.

The jeans could probably be made using the profile of a flanged and dished head (as in tank fabrication). That would give you something similar to a "bowl" to put the upper body in. The "bib" front of the jeans could be made from an extruded profile and same goes for the straps over the shoulders. The legs you be created using lofted circles. Union everything together and you are good to go.

Your professor should have had more common sense than to let you attempt this as your final project. I'll bet the class did not come close to even discussing ways to do something similar.

Thinking about it using standard geometry tools is the wrong way to go.

Rectangular box subdivided into many square faces.

Push and pull the faces to get rough shape.

Smooth the model.

Color Faces.

Ask your prof to demonstrate how to do something like this BEFORE giving an assignment.

Are you actually paying tuition (or the taxpayers) for this class?

Give the trouble you had with something as simple as a wheel - drop the class.

You haven't been taught (or learned?) the basics needed to complete the assignment.

... i dont know how to make a upper of jeans like strap thanks

Attach the dwg of what you have completed so far - and I'll try to help you finish the model.

The clock is ticking..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

No disrespect, but this is really a wierd request. You could do this in AutoCAD but why would you want to. AutoCAD is not the proper tool for this and why some instructor would require such a ridiculous model be done in AutoCAD is beyond me.

Perhaps the instructor has seen someone use Mesh tools - but has not used themselves.

I kind of got the same idea about Revolve.

But who knows - maybe the student hasn't done a good job of communicating, how hard can it be to do a Revolve when you are shown step-by-step?

The OP was making a car (and hence the tyre threads) although has now changed his final project at the last minute. Good luck! I wouldn't even attempt to make that cartoon character. Go with the billiards table, that one will be the easiest one to knock out for a beginner.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?63374-how-to-make-a-tire-tread-like-this&p=432194&viewfull=1#post432194

This is one revolve, one subtract, two press-pulls, one copy, one union and two fillets. The one in the cartoon is more elongated, this one is round. You could use a sweep around an oval to get that instead of the revolve. So before the flame war starts, I know its not perfect, I never said it was perfect, it's not even a copy. I stipulate to all the arguments that it can't possibly be done the way I did it, so lets skip all that.

Drew the shape of the body with a straight polyline and an arc. Offset it 1/8" closed the ends and revolved it. Drew a rectangle, presspulled it through the body and subtracted it. Two circles to represent one of the legs, presspulled them up into the body, copied it over to the other side to make the other leg and unioned them. Filleted the edge where the legs went through the body. Don't have time to draw the buttons and the pocket, or to refine where the straps meet the buttons. This is offered simply as a place to start. Took about 10 minutes to do. If somebody dont' like it, or how it was done, I don't care, and don't want to hear it.

pants.PNG

lol guys thanks but im finished now haha yeah autocad is so painful. This is for enginerring but i made it atleast i made a rim and the displicable me. yea it required in our final term. Although were computer science and then the other course like Information technology uses 3ds max then we use autocad. But im happy now at least ive made it. Jack thanks but its too late to check it even though you post but im sure im gonna make it hahaha. i will post my work later =).

But i want to make a surface attach to object how can i?

Computer Science requires learning AutoCAD. Information Technology requires learning 3ds Max. What kind of school is this and what is your major?

Hahaha here in philippines AMA computer college. But its only a part of a subject but were major in computer programmer. Hey remark ho can i put some surface on my object like a simple square . My subject is modeling and simulation like that