Light line weight Problem

ADAM'S_APPLE

Hello,Untitled-1.jpg

Why is it when I plot a drawing with lines set at 0.00 thickness and default dotted line-type (set at scale factor 3) the end-points and intersections come out with heavy ink blobs?

I've reduced the scale factor of the linetype to 2 and it's less obvious. But why is it like this in the first place? This is how light I want the lines to be!

Please see attachment!

Looking forward to someone's response:)

Adam

A lineweight value of 0.025 mm or less is displayed as one pixel in model space and is plotted at the thinnest lineweight available on the specified plotting device. That's straight out of F1 Lineweights.

Also check your LWDefault system variable. That 0.00 setting is just getting you the default thickness. The overlapping intersections are just two dashes in the same place, probably not quite on top of each other. Way back in the day, with vellum and pencil or pen, it was common practice to break one or the other of two dashed lines at crossing points, just to keep the overal look of the drawing clean. I always opt to break all the horizontal dashed lines where they cross vertical ones, even now that I am on a computer.

Those dark crosses may also be because your line color is kinda grey and two layers of it look blacker.

Ah that's the kind of information you miss out on when delving straight into drawing on computers than from a drawing board.

Yes think you're right. The lines appear grey (when actually they're black) because I'm using a dotted line at the default setting of 0.00. Just simply a case of the overlapping or near overlapping of 2 of them at intersections that make the points darker. Looks like I either need to make the scale factor bigger so as to avoid overlapping. (or smaller works because like I said less obvious when dots are closer together).

Thanks for 'pointing' me in the right direction! (no pun intended):)

Ah that's the kind of information you miss out on when delving straight into drawing on computers than from a drawing board.

Yes think you're right. The lines appear grey (when actually they're black) because I'm using a dotted line at the default setting of 0.00. Just simply a case of the overlapping or near overlapping of 2 of them at intersections that make the points darker. Looks like I either need to make the scale factor bigger so as to avoid overlapping. (or smaller works because like I said less obvious when dots are closer together).

Thanks for 'pointing' me in the right direction! (no pun intended):)

OK, then. No prob. Also, if you only need a black line drawing, try using the monochrome.stb or ctb plotstyle. That will turn everything the same shade of black and the overlapping lines won't darken each other.