Docking the Properties Window

Lithium

I had the properties window docked on the right side of my screen before I reinstalled ACAD LT 2009. Now I can't figure out how to get it back.

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology but ACAD Help was no help and Searching here did not give me the answer.

There has to be a simple answer. :?

On the Properties Palette, the third icon below the "X" button that closes the palette, click there. Make sure "Allow Docking" is selected. Then, simply drag the Tool Palette to the right side of the screen until the interface docks it.

Two problems...

I go to A>Modify>Properties and the palette appears under the A. Allow Docking is checked. It will not drag, so I click on Anchor Right. It goes to the right side. I uncheck Auto Hide. It goes back under the A.

I cannot resize the palette.

It sounds like the palette's locked. Right click on the palette's "menu bar." An option menu should appear that will allow your to unlock the palette.

dJE

No matter where I click no 'option menu' appears. No menu says Unlock the palette.

I sort of remember there was a revision to the original release of LT 2009. Can someone tell me how to find that update revision? This Properties Palette is quite different from the one I had in the old installation. For example, this new installation does not have a title bar which says only "Properties", while the old one did. The drawing window was entirely to the left of the Properties palette. Now the Properties palette is included on the drawing window.

Please help!

Thank you StykFacE. Right-clicking on the padlock (unlocking) got the palette to 98% of what it used to be. The Title Bar (Properties) is to the right of the palette where as it used to be on the top of the palette.

How about the link to the update revision for LT 2009?

Are you talking about simply an update, hot-fix, or service pack?

I guess the correct terminology is service pack--fixing errors in the original release.

Getting back to my original question about docking the Properties toolbar on the right side of my 16:9 monitor, I have discovered how to do it the way I had done it on my old setup.

You have to use the CUI. Choose your workspace, then on the right Customize workspace choose Palettes | Properties.

Under Appearance set Show to Yes, set Orientation to Right, set Allow Docking to Yes, set Autohide to Off.

Your full, maximized drawing window should now be visible to the left of the Properties palette.

Of course you may prefer a different layout, but this is how I like my workspace set up.