Creating arc

oceanmyth

2 circle arc.jpg

Hello everyone. newbie here. i need some help. i'm quite new to AutoCAD. Currently using AutoCAD 2006. refer to above pic how to create those arc. i've been trying using the arc command, but this exercise says the arcs is create using fillet & offset comm..TQ

Taking arc A first: Your desired radius is 58 units. Offset each of the two circles you're connecting by 58. Draw a new circle, of radius 58, at the intersection of the two new circles. Delete the offset circles and trim the R58 circle to tidy up.

For arc B you essentially take the same process, the difference being that one of the elements you're filleting is a line. Ensure your line extends beyond the likely centrelpoint of the fillet circle. I'd have it touching the right-hand cirlce (with R52). Offset your line and circle by 45 units (the desired fillet radius). Draw a new circle of radius 45 centred on the intersection of the new line and circle. Trim to tidy.

dJE

Or simple option is to: Having already drawn the 52dia. circle and the 40dia. circle and they are in the correct positions, just use fillet.

F = fillet on command line, enter radius of 58 and select the two circles which are to be joined.

Now i'm using ACAD 2010 at the moment so not sure if this still works in 2006. Give it a try

Just drawn it on 2010 and worked fine.

Also, where did you get this image from? I'm creating some help vids for people like yourself for drawing simple things like this. This drawing should take about 10 mins to draw at the most.

I am not sure why you are trying to use arcs when the instructions say use Fillet and Offset commands.

Arc A is a simple fillet between the two circles.

Arc B is a fillet between a line, offset 45 from the centre line, and the circle. You may have to trim the horizontal line at the left hand side. You could also draw a line directly from the Quadrant node, but then you would not be using the Offset command.

Why has no one mentioned the Tan-Tan-Radius option of the Circle command?

Because that would be cheating. :shock:

The object of the exercise was to use the Fillet and Offset commands, and in fact they do a better job than using the Tan-Tan-Radius because there is no trimming. :D

Taking arc A first: Your desired radius is 58 units. Offset each of the two circles you're connecting by 58. Draw a new circle, of radius 58, at the intersection of the two new circles. Delete the offset circles and trim the R58 circle to tidy up.

For arc B you essentially take the same process, the difference being that one of the elements you're filleting is a line. Ensure your line extends beyond the likely centrelpoint of the fillet circle. I'd have it touching the right-hand cirlce (with R52). Offset your line and circle by 45 units (the desired fillet radius). Draw a new circle of radius 45 centred on the intersection of the new line and circle. Trim to tidy.

dJE

TQ danellis. work great. now i been able to draw that.

Or simple option is to: Having already drawn the 52dia. circle and the 40dia. circle and they are in the correct positions, just use fillet.

F = fillet on command line, enter radius of 58 and select the two circles which are to be joined.

Now i'm using ACAD 2010 at the moment so not sure if this still works in 2006. Give it a try

Just drawn it on 2010 and worked fine.

TQ. this is the best solution. very simple. gr8!:D

Hi everyone. other problems. need help of creating 2 arcs below.TQ

A: arc between circle & horizontal line

B: arc between 2 vertical lines

arc.jpg

Both problems can be addressed in a similar fashion. Create construction geometry (circles, offsets, etc.) and use the appropriate intersections.

ConstGeom.png