Insert block onto dynamic reference

eaystcw

Hi,

I am trying to insert a block into a drawing that uses dynamic blocks. I want the block to be associated to the dynamic block, so that when I alter a linear stretch parameter on the dynamic block it moves the other block.

I am probably missing something obvious, but have now googled my mind into a numb state and can't make any more progress.

Thanks

Tom

Just a quick addition - I have managed to do this by nesting the block inside the dynamic block, but this causes issues with making editing more complicated and if the nested block is dynamic, I cannot edit its parameters unless I go into the levbel 1 block.

Therefore, I am hoping that I can either find a solution that does not require nesting or I can pass the nested parameters into the main drawing so that I don't need to edit the level 1 block.

Thanks

Tom

Didn't know you could do that. The block is attached - xxSI590001.dwg.

It is an inside profile of a window with the first block being the profile (with a dynamic stretch parameter to alter its height) and the block nested inside that block being the glazing system (with 3 dynamic stretch parameters to alter the width of the outside glazing pane, the cavity and the inside glazing pane). What I hope to be able to do is have all of the parameters in the main drawing so that I don't need to go into the profile block. My idea was to be able to insert the glazing system into the main drawing onto a reference point that moved when the dynamic stretch was modified on the inside profile.

Hoping that is the right sort of information.

Thanks

Tom