Error Message

Coosbaylumber

Am now getting the below noted error message, just after Acad opens up.

Fatal Error:

Insufficient disk room for swap space.

Watziz? Worked OK yesterday. I got per a dir this morning: about 273 MB of free space, how much does it require?

Wm.

As I understand it, you need space equal to twice the ram you have installed. Could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but that's the way I have mine set.

How much space is required? Windows will allocate anywhere from 1.5-2X the amount of installed RAM. How much RAM is installed on your system?

Another factor that can influence things is if your hard drive is so fragmented that Windows cannot set aside what it needs to create the swap file (a.k.a. - virtual memory). The settings can be tweaked manually but before doing that I'd recommend doing a defrag first. Then change the min/max settings for your swap file to 2.5-3X the physical RAM installed. Make each the same number. That way Windows will set aside a contiguous section of your hard drive for the swap file which will make for better performance and less problems in the future.

While you are at it (the defrag thing) do a complete cleanout of any files that you don't need and run the Disk Cleanup utility that Windows provides.

I read about 15 items that need to be fixed now.

Catch you guys in a couple of days. I know am having troubles with defag function, for it found a bug and thus will fill up remainder of the H.D. now. Defrag has not been used on this computer since August 2011.

Wm.

Are you saying there might also be a problem with the hard drive itself? Have you run CHECKDISK? Have you downloaded and run any diagnostics by the drive's manufacturer? Example: SeaTools for DOS and SeaTools for Windows by Seagate.

My version of Checkdisk only does very remedial reporting.

Never heard of your mention. Before. I will have to try those. I think it is a Seagate drive.

Wm.