Trying to locate Grove Crane Cad Files

tharrisci

Hello,

I am working on a project here in Virginia that require crane profiles. I am trying to locate cad files for the grove 900.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ColinPearson

• DANIEL

• tharrisci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure how much luck you'll have on something like this, it may be quicker to just take some rough field measurements of it and put together your own sketch for your layout needs, if that makes sense.

Thanks Daniel,

I have already started the process was looking for a easy way out!

Appreciate the quick response. Cadtutor is and awesome site.

Which model are you looking at?

If by 900 you mean the TMS900E, then nope, sorry I can't help.

If you;re talking about an RT9##, I have several smaller RT's that you could scrap, scale and recombine. Probably save some time.

I know a few places that sell these, although the cost ranges from a few hundread dollars up to a few thousand dollars per crane, it is ridiculous what some companies try to charge just so you can complete a lift plan slightly easier rather than just reading the product specs/brochure/operating charts.

I know a few places that sell these, although the cost ranges from a few hundread dollars up to a few thousand dollars per crane, it is ridiculous what some companies try to charge just so you can complete a lift plan slightly easier rather than just reading the product specs/brochure/operating charts.

I agree. It's not just checking the lift plan for yourself as much as it's often being able to communicate the lift plan effectively to the 900 other idiots on the jobsite who will be affected by your lift plan. And yes, I think the crane companies whether they manufacture or simply lease the cranes are way behind the 8 ball on this and are often time clueless as to why you need anything other than their standard monkey sheets.

Our new safety policy requires two cranes for all lifts involving tanks. This can pose a problem in some areas of the plant due to building constraints and configurations of a couple of the tank farms. One lift had to go over the top of a two-story building used as offices and labs. We evacuated all personnel prior to the lift.

Is this what you are looking for?

there was no image of the 900 mounted on a truck.

These are PDF files. I don't know if they offer CAD files.

There is a register forum I did not use. Maybe if you registered there would be CAD files available.

GOOGLE is your friend.

http://www.manitowoccranes.com/MCG_GRO/Downloads/EN/downloads.asp

1GROVE CRANES.jpg

GROVE 900.jpg

Edited by Ollie8974

Our new safety policy requires two cranes for all lifts involving tanks.

@ReMark - Out of curiosity, what are you talking about here? Are you talking about setting tank roofs? Surely they don't make you guys pick every sheet of iron with two cranes??? Just wondering b/c planning lifts is a big part of what we do.

@ReMark - Out of curiosity, what are you talking about here? Are you talking about setting tank roofs? Surely they don't make you guys pick every sheet of iron with two cranes??? Just wondering b/c planning lifts is a big part of what we do.

I think ReMark is talking about on site placement.

The two crane policy is for the installation and removal of all tanks above 1500 gallon capacity in our tank farms and process buildings. It also applies to any multistory, skid-mounted process equipment like wiped film evaporators or distillation columns. All of our roof top HVAC units are of a size that only requires a single crane.

What are the empty weights of those tanks (I assume they would be empty when being lifted) and why exactly do you need two cranes to perform the lift?

The weights vary based upon shell thickness and any attachments (motors, drives, safety railings, ladders, etc.). Our safety department instituted the new policy earlier this year. I think it had something to do with OSHA.

OK...after thinking on this a moment I can see where I am causing some confusion here. I'll try to clarify.

Two cranes are now required for removing tanks and large pieces of process equipment off of and on to flatbed trailers when delivered to the site and when they are ultimately placed in service. Once moved into an upright position one of the cranes is disengaged (the smallest) and the larger crane then proceeds to make the final lift and place the equipment. My apologies.

Gotcha. We're required to have two cranes for tailing as well. Sometimes some of the more 'cowboy' facilities will let you kick something upright/lay it down with just the bottom end against the ground, but that's not generally what we do anyway.

I asked, and others probably feel the same - b/c I'm just curious what other folks out there are doing. Esp when they start mentioning things that come up in my own work.