How did this happen?

SLW210

Yesterday, I was plotting some layouts to PDF (DWGtoPDF). AutoCAD shut down on one of the Layouts. It made a recover drawing, so I opened the recover (looked fine) ran an audit and good to go, then I continued starting with the one it shut down on. I run the PDF to open as I plot so I can confirm the PDF looks good, no problems, I finish and email the PDFs and set copies on the network.

This morning, the PDF of the layout that shut down AutoCAD is blank, all the copies, the emailed one, on my drive and on the network.

Weird. :?

I had saved the restore to a new file, I also have the AutoCAD restored copy and I have the Original as 2 copies (I did a Save and Save As right before plotting), so I have a good drawing, no problems I created a new PDF.

So the first image is of the layout in the Restore copy I did the Save As and the second Image is correct and from the Restore copy just as I opened after the crash and before the save as.

Both viewports have the same settings. I have no clue why it crashed and no clue why it turned all white AFTER the Save As.

I cannot post the DWG files right now, maybe tomorrow I will have time for a clean up and can post the files.

1. Why did it crash just plotting to PDF.

2. Why did it not show up in the PDF after I clearly saw it after the plot when it

opened?

3. Why did it turn all white in the viewport?

:? :? :?

Gremlins...that's it!

Up until last week, I've never had 2010 crash, not even once. Last week it did it 3 times on a drawing less than 200K in size. I copyclipped the geometry into another drawing, saved it, deleted the one that was causing the trouble, hasn't crashed since.

Gremlins!

I've actually seen this before. The entire drawing went monochrome. IIRC, I rebooted and everything went back to normal.

My second guess would be that there's something wrong with your PDF viewer. Are the PDF files the size you'd expect, or very small?