2010 Autocad crashes when plotting! help!!!!

ED RDNZ

Hi readers... I'm using autocad 2010. I don't understand what causes the program to crash every single time i try to convert my dwg into a pdf (this is the plotting part for me). It simply shows my a "no responding" message on the top bar of the window and freezes. Then i have to kill the program and get upset! Really annoying!!!

Any ideas? Glad to hear them...

AutoCAD 2010? Have you downloaded and installed all updates?

You might try using a different program such as CutePDF and see if you get the same results.

What are you using to create the pdf? If its the dwg to pdf. pc3' date=' your pc3 file may have gotten corrupted someway.[/quote']

Thanks for the reply. Ive always used pc6.

AutoCAD 2010? Have you downloaded and installed all updates?

You might try using a different program such as CutePDF and see if you get the same results.

CutePDF is an add-on for the cad? Or a separate app?

I had the same problem the other day.

Just one layout tab though.

Have you tried an Audit?

Now that you mention AUDIT, another problem i have is after cutting an object and then paste... Cad says "no responding". Have to wait for a couple of minutes then gets back on track...

What are the rest of the specs on your computer?

Are you on a network?

Hp Pavilon windows 7 dual core (top of my mind). Not in a network.

Could you spare a little more detail like how much RAM and what you are using for a graphics card or chip? Let's not treat this like a trip to the dentist OK?

You never told us if your software is current with all updates. I'm referring to AutoCAD not Windows.

Is this a 64-bit computer? What about AutoCAD? Is it 64-bit?

Could you spare a little more detail like how much RAM and what you are using for a graphics card or chip? Let's not treat this like a trip to the dentist OK?

You never told us if your software is current with all updates. I'm referring to AutoCAD not Windows.

Is this a 64-bit computer? What about AutoCAD? Is it 64-bit?

ok.... it's a HP dv7-3060us windows 7 home premium. AMD turion II ultra dual core mobile M600 2.40 ghz; 4gb RAM, 64 bit. CAD current with all updates. using a graphics card. hope i'm covering everything.