Lineweights won't plot - never experienced this before

Vitka

Hi all...

Ok... so I've been using Autocad as a student since the 2007 version and haven't had this problem (in any case, I've been able to solve it before).

Now, I have run into the problem of the lineweights not plotting - they are all the same thickness.

I'm using ctb plot styles and I have the lineweights set up in layer properties...

layerproperties.jpg

And have lineweights enabled in plot...

plotf.jpg

And in the plotstyles editor...

plotstyleedit.jpg

And the colour tables as well...

plotstyletable.jpg

In the end... all the lineweights are the same. I do not understand what is wrong...

resulto.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my final year project...

According to the Plot window, you're creating a PDF. If that is the format of your output, you may want to check the settings for that "plotter."

In the pdf doc itself, lineweights can be turned on and off. Open the pdf and double check it.

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently, that only applies to the screen view.

Hi, Thank you for your replies.

I checked settings for the plotter but couldn't find anything to do with lineweights. And regardless which plotter I choose, there's still no lineweights and when I use my old 2008 ACAD on the same plotters there's no problems.

I checked layer properties, and all required layers besides VPORT is set to plot.

However, I opened a file I created on ACAD 2008 and previewed it with the same plotter on my 2012 version - it DOES plot line weights.

However, when I make a new file from my .dwt template (the same one that the above drawing was made from) on my 2012 version, it DOES NOT plot line weights.

I have no idea what's wrong...

I think I have found the problem. The file I'm opening was edited on a student version of autocad. I now created files from completely fresh, untouched by student versions, files and line weights work perfectly.

Sorry for the confusion! :oops:

I think I have found the problem. The file I'm opening was edited on a student version of autocad. I now created files from completely fresh, untouched by student versions, files and line weights work perfectly.

Sorry for the confusion! :oops:

Nope, that's not it. There must be a line weight setting somewhere in your student version that is doing this. The student version does everything the professional version will do. The only differences in the student version you cannot control are the plot border message and the fact that the license will eventually expire.

• 6 months later...

Had the same problem and it was a simple solution for me.

Check two things:

1: in modelspace with no objects selected, look at your properties window (attached or detached) and you will see the default lineweight. It should be "bylayer". If not, set it to this or everything you create beyond that point won't adopt the lineweight of it's layer (provided you are controlling lineweights by layer).

2: Highlight the objects that are not plotting their proper lineweights. Look at your properties window again, if anything besides "bylayer" shows up in the lineweight box, you won't get the proper lineweights. Choose the "bylayer option for all the objects you want to plot with lineweights from your layer settings.

Worked for me. you may want to change this setting in any custom Templates you have created as well, but that is a different story, for a different thread.

• 1 month later...