Wall Elevation using Golden Section

Elodie

Hi everyone,

I need help to draw an interior wall elevation using the Golden Section as a basis for my design. I downloaded the AutoCAD 2012 version and it seems very hard to use. Thank you very much !!

From Wikipedia who want to know what the OP is referring to:

"The golden section is a line segment divided according to the golden ratio: The total length a + b is to the length of the longer segment a as the length of a is to the length of the shorter segment b."

Hi everyone,

I need help to draw an interior wall elevation using the Golden Section as a basis for my design. I downloaded the AutoCAD 2012 version and it seems very hard to use. Thank you very much !!

auto cad is very hard to use, if you have had no instruction on it's use you will be lost. At least buy a book to guide you.

From Wikipedia who want to know what the OP is referring to:

"The golden section is a line segment divided according to the golden ratio: The total length a + b is to the length of the longer segment a as the length of a is to the length of the shorter segment b."

The ratio is also known as "The Golden Mean". It has been used for proportional relationships in design since one of them ancient Greeks or Italians came across it way back in the day. It's also the ratio of one whole note to another in the Western musical scale, AKA the Fibonacci Scale. Thus, it's also the distance ratio of one guitar fret to another. It is 1:1.6108.

For some reason, this ratio is naturally appealing to the human perception, both visually and auditorily. I don't think it plays into the sence of smell, but you never know.

Just don't try to get a railing built to this standard past OSHA.