element borders in layout view

Yagoona

Hi,

I have a problem that when I add elements to a layout view.

These elements contain parts of my drawing and have an outline to them in the layout view. This is handy when working in the layou view, but they are also being plotted when I export to PDF.

How can I make these borders disappear in the plots?

I have attached the file in question.

The file in question in attached

garden qub lengths v1 (4000x3000x2500).dwg

Those "elements" as you call them might be your viewport frames. Create a new layer and call it Vports. Make sure you set the layer to "no print". Select all the frames and move them to this layer. Now print. The frames should not appear.

Just worked on a new drawing and this viewport frame issue has cropped up in a strange way.

I have done as advised with this drawing and find that when I export to PDF (or print for that matter) the top right viewport border is printed. None of the others.

All of the viewports are on a layer of their own and it is set not to print.

Is there some setting that can override the layer setting not to print? I see nothing different in the properties of this viewport to the other viewports that are behaving as expected.

What could be doing this?

(the file is attached)

Darri hocker Corian top v1.dwg

A quick fix would be to freeze the layer the viewports are on.

I would also recommend assigning a color other than black to your viewports so that they stand out (visibly) from the geometry they surround.