• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Bethel

• Bill Tillman

• ReMark

• Lt Dan's legs

Remark, I have to admit I've never really browsed this site. I usually stick to the autolisp/visuallisp area. I'll look into it.

thanks guys

This was as more about trying something new than a real need for me. It is a so so end result. -David

David, this LISP routine looks pretty cool and is something I could use. But when I loaded it and ran it in AC 2012 I only ended up with a few branches and what looks like a big 3D Indian Tepee (cone). Can you give me a hand with how to get this producing real 3D trees like the ones in your post?

David, this LISP routine looks pretty cool and is something I could use. But when I loaded it and ran it in AC 2012 I only ended up with a few branches and what looks like a big 3D Indian Tepee (cone). Can you give me a hand with how to get this producing real 3D trees like the ones in your post?

I had a similar result in 2010. Apparently I don't know enough about trees to select the appropriate options. It's a cool program, none the less. Proof once again that you gotta be smarter than the stuff you're working on, and in this case, I'm not!

I had a similar result in 2010. Apparently I don't know enough about trees to select the appropriate options. It's a cool program' date=' none the less. Proof once again that you gotta be smarter than the stuff you're working on, and in this case, I'm not![/quote']

I read through most of the code but didn't pickup anything. I think the cones maybe something you could add a texture or apply a material to. Again, I didn't see anything in this code which indicated what needed to be done. Not to worry, I will wager that someone in the LISP community here will pick this up and explain it in a little more detail. There are some very talented code writers in this forum who have helped me in the past.

I read through most of the code but didn't pickup anything. I think the cones maybe something you could add a texture or apply a material to. Again, I didn't see anything in this code which indicated what needed to be done. Not to worry, I will wager that someone in the LISP community here will pick this up and explain it in a little more detail. There are some very talented code writers in this forum who have helped me in the past.

Oh yeah...these guys do stuff that just amaze me. Seeing as how it's a weekend, we may have to wait till monday to find out though. Are we the only poor sods working on Saturday? What is wrong with us?

Try these values:

Command: (load "3DTREE")

Command: 3dtree
Microsoft Windows NT Version 6.1 (x86) Release Visual LISP 2004 (en) -  3D 
Trees ....

All Units In English Inches
Height Of Main Trunk:   480

Edge Of Crown Height Above Ground:   144

Edge Of Crown Diameter:   300

Middle of Crown Diameter:   280

Trunk Diameter <36.0>:

Leaf Style
0=None 1=Heart 2=Diamond 3=Cluster 4=Pine 5=Oak 6=Cedar (0/1/2/3/4/5/6):   3

Max Leaf Spacing ( Circumference / 255 ): 3.70
Average Leaf Size:   3.7

Number Of Leaf Colors <1>:   3

Percent Of Crown To Leave Open 0-99: 0

Generic "TR-" or Unique ID Prefix For Model Tables:

Building the Leaves...

UCSVIEW = 1  UCS will be saved with view
Mapping the Crown Points...

Mapping the Leaf Points...

Creating The Skeleton...

Building the Block...

Creating A 21330 Point Crown....Be Patient...It Took Nature 40 Yrs To Do This!
100.00%
Making The Block...
Insert Point: 0,0

Insert Angle <0>:

Cleaning Up The Litter...

If you need a really dense tree, polar array the tree about it's insert point.

Each different color of leaf resides on a different layer to apply materials too. -David

tree480.jpg

Wow fantastic trees but resource hungry if you want simple 3d heres a simple way draw a trunk and branches in 2d add some random leaves what you would see if you sliced it with the chainsaw vertically. Ok now rotate3d and standup vertical, array it around the centre pt about 3-5 times 45 or 30 degs etc viewing in 3d a primitive tree just dont zoom to close.

I will have a look at home for tree lisp it did something like above may be usefull used a different method to create if I find will post

I'm running the LISP routine just as I copied and pasted in from the previous posting in AutoCAD 2012. I used the setting recommended in the latest post and at least got a nice looking tree trunk and branches. But no leaves to speak of. Just two cones which when viewed in Realistic just look like an Indian Tepee.

Is there something I'm missing here?

3dtree.jpg

I'm running the LISP routine just as I copied and pasted in from the previous posting in AutoCAD 2012. I used the setting recommended in the latest post and at least got a nice looking tree trunk and branches. But no leaves to speak of. Just two cones which when viewed in Realistic just look like an Indian Tepee.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Good old Adesk grrrrr

Try MESHTYPE 0

I'll have to see what the other problems are......

-David

Ok, I set the variable MESHTYPE to 0 and at least got the leaves to draw in. This routune make a very impressive looking tree but I still end up with two gigantic cones which creates the need to do several EXPLODES so I can get rid of them and leave only the trunk, branches and the leaves. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bill, I haven't had time to dig in real deep and find what they changed. I know the program worked well thru 2004 and I think 2008. -David