Edit Dynamic Block in-place?

Rossko

Hi,

I use refedit quite a bit to edit blocks in-place, but can't find a way to do this with dynamic blocks without breaking the link to the original definition and creating a new block definition.

Is there a setting I can change, or another way to edit a dynamic block in-place?

I've searched the forums to see if this question had been asked but couldn't find a previous example.

Cheers

thanks dbroada, I do use BEDIT as well but I sometimes need to be able to see the block in the drawing environment. e.g. If i'm editing a block of a floor bearer that bolts to a post and the bolt hole position changes or an extra bolt hole needs to be added, i like to see the (open-for-editing) block of the bearer, but also the (locked-for-editing) block of the post. The whole model is still visible, but everything apart from the open block is opaque.

thanks SLW, doesn't quite do what I was hoping to achieve, but good to know. I guess i'll just have to do things a bit differently.

Cheers,

Rossko

• 6 years later...

Don't understand why it should loose it's link to original dynamic block.

I prefer using edit block in-place.

Very annoying flaw.