Trying to Erase 4 lines from a project

bibi

hello

I am new to this forum and I am enrolled student studying Autocad 2010 with distant learning school Penn Foster. I am trying to erase four lines from a project. As newby to this I can only explain what features I have turned on in the Autocad program I'm using. On the staus bar I have only Object Snaps turned on. In the Draftings Settings dialog box with Object Snap Tab open with nothing selected. New to this I can go step by step from a 10 page exercise or perhaps post screen shot. In regards to a screen shot aside from copy and paste I am not sure how.

Is it possible from the information I have provide in anyones experience what to do in regards to any possible combination of features I have selected or not selected to erase all four lines.

Lastly by any chance if you are a Penn Foster student that can help I am working from chapter 3 figure P3-1.

bibi: You information is rather sketchy thus forcing us to make guesses. Please provide as much detail as possible when describing a problem in the future. Thanks.

Re: "Lastly by any chance if you are a Penn Foster student that can help I am working from chapter 3 figure P3-1." Once again you fail to provide enough detail for us to assist you. What project are you working on specifically? Penn Foster has several projects which include Olsen Village, civil, structural, HVAC and electrical plus an elective.

BTW...you'll find that many of these projects have already be discussed, in detail, here in the Student Project forum. Have you taken a look around yet and read any of the previous threads? You'll also notice that some threads already contain images of various "plates" as P-F refers to them.

re all

I am trying to upload my drawing. After all the lines are erased there should be 2 hidden lines on eighter far sides of the top rectangle and 2 hiddens lines top and bottom on the small rectangle to the far right.

This a simple drawing and it should take much time to understand that is if I have provided enough information here. If the uploaded drawing is not correctly uploaded please disregard all and thank you very kindly. PROj3jpg.dwg Lastly please make all responces easy to understand as can be seen I am very new to this. Thank you very much.

Simply erase the lines by picking on them outside of the views so you are not picking on top of the hidden lines. You can use selection cycling but in this case you don't need to as the lines you want to erase extend beyond the hidden lines.

I don't recognize the project from the little of what I see in your drawing. Want to give us a hint? What are you supposed to be drawing?

Try isolating a layer or two using Layer > Off or Layer > Freeze. That might make picking easier or zoom in closer before making a pick. You can also erase using a normal window (the entire object has to be inside the window) as opposed to a crossing window (where the window only has to cross the object).

Re ReMark

Thank you. Isolating the Layer Off command really worked. This exerise was practice in using Line and Rectangle commands with Object Snap Mode. There was no rhyme or reason to the exercise. I wanted to learn how to use the erase command and finish the drawing. So, Thanks again. All. It really did the trick.