How to get a CTB colour to display on-screen as will plot

bjsmith77

Hi Guys,

I've been using CTB files to manage line colours, thicknesses etc - assigning a specific colour number to a line colour/thickness etc.

This results in great looking plots, but aren't the colours that appear on-screen.

I was wondering how can I make it look exactly like what you'll get but retain the automation/functionality of CTB files - rather than manually stuffing around with changing line weights/colours etc.

Many thanks

Ben

What ReMark seems to be implying is that there is a mechanism in place to do exactly that. You don't mention layers at all, but that's the most common, and probably the easiest, way to associate colors with objects. If every object has the color ByLayer and is on the appropriate layer, then it will automatically plot with the attributes you define for that layer's color.

Welcome to the forum!

Since your plots are looking good, I have to assume you did not check the Display plotstyles box on your page setup dialog. Checking that will make your layout look just like the plot.

I go for the simple thing first, and if that ain't it, I let the experts take over.

Wait, are you talking about modelspace? You didn't say. I was talking about paperspace. In modelspace do what Remark and Cyberangle suggest. Then you can stop customizing the ctb files. Just use the preloaded color default ctb, and make sure that 'Display Plotstyles' box is checked.

A lot of what you see on your monitor has to do with the monitor and graphics card. Have you made sure the monitor colors are properly set?

Some examples of what your seeing would help.

We plot colour by layer colour 1-9 as black or grey 10-250 as default colour 251-256 as grey.

the only hiccup as above have hinted some times the colour does not come out exactly the same but a little trial and error and use a different colour.