How can I make center lines intersect on lines and not on free spaces?

The only sure way I know of is to break both lines at the intersection. That forces the pattern to restart at that point.

..................+1

It's an ideea!

Look, an other way:

Dragging one end of the line we can get the intersection lines point on line segments.

But, the ideea was to solve the problem in an automatic way.

Seems it is not possible!

Thank you anyway!

There's always a way. You just have to work a little harder to find it. If you are looking for the EASY button I can point you to the post that has an image.

Follow some of the good advice you have already been given.

This question has come up from time to time, and very few people seem to understand what the problem is. Way back in paper and pencil drafting class, center lines had a standard. They were made up of alternating long and short dashes, actually the long dashes were probably 20 times longer than the short ones, and intersecting center lines were always supposed to cross on short dashes at the center of an object, like a hole. (Object?) This theoretically would draw the eye to the "center point". Autodesk has not made it easy to hold to this standard. There are ways to get it done though.

Occasionally, I will put BIG center marks on my centers. Not the AutoCAD center mark, but ones I just draw with continuous lines the same weight and color as my center lines. I can then rotate them too if need be. I make my center mark big enough to approximate the intersection of two center lines the way I have them set up (Linetype Scale), then place the center lines just in the right place, short of the center mark. But like I said, this is only occasionally when the drawing is for publication and I can or need to spend some time making it pretty. When I am doing stuff for the framing carpenters, the're lucky if my line thickness discipline holds up, much less me caring about how the center lines intersect.