:-( Need help to change background color...

engineroom81

Hi there!

I've got a drawing in Acad 2010 which consist of about 6000 lines. The image is a ship, and I need the drawing to insert in a HMI screen.

Now my problem: The accomedation of the ship is white, as is the background of the sheet. I need the drawing with a black background, but want to keep the white color of the accomedation of the ship. When I change the backgroundcolor of the sheet to black, the white areas inside the drawing will also change into black. If I trie to hatch the white areas inside the drawing the program gives a messages that there are to many open bounderies.

I tried to make a blok of the drawing and move it on a black square, but then again the white areas will turn black.

So for short: How can I make the white areas non-transparent without using the hatch-command?????

Thanks in advance!!

Assuming this is a 2d drawing? What I would do is trace an outline using pline around the entire area that you want white. Close the pline. Then solid hatch, selecting the polyline only, making the hatch color 255. Then, using draworder, send the hatch to the "back".

If the goal is to output an image, you could do your manipulation more easily with the image than with the drawing. Use a color fill on the area outside the ship, leaving the interior spaces one color. Replace that one color with the fill color. Done in two.

If the goal is to output an image, you could do your manipulation more easily with the image than with the drawing. Use a color fill on the area outside the ship, leaving the interior spaces one color. Replace that one color with the fill color. Done in two.

Yes, that would be easier, assuming proper image editing software is available (should be).