Projected view from a section view

Goomba

I am trying to do a projected view from a section I have taken.

The reason I am doing this is I need to show the detail of a plate which is above the plates I am detailing in the first section. Since it is above the original section and the parts I want to detail relate to the parts in the first section I am trying to do it as a projected view rather doing another section.

When I go to do a projected view from the section I get all of the rest of the model not just the section.

Is there a way to turn this off so it only shows the section view projection or do I need to do a detail view of the projection? which is daft and probably better off just showing both as sections.

Surely theres a way to do this without having two section views on my main view? ( I am sure I could do this in Inventor )

The problem here is that a section view slices your assembly based on your section line. This view in itself is a projected view of the original. If you wish to project and projected view you are no longer looking at the section detail. I can't remember exactly but i would guess this isnt possible in inventor either.

About the only thing i can think for you to do is make a configuration where you physically cut through your assembly. You can do this with a single sketch line then also use that line to make your section view in the drawing. Then when you do a projected view of the section you simply select your "sliced" config. It sounds like a lot more work than it actually is. One config, one extrude and the cavity feature(maybe, im shooting from the hip here).