Autocad will not start 0xc0150002

ArtM

Autocad will not start and I get error message . I have re-installed Autocad 2010 from the CD using the re-install program. I have also downloaded and run Msoft visual C++ 2005 and 2008 redistributable [/font]Vcredist_x64.exe, then re-started computer (Toshiba i5, Win 7, 64-bit operating system). Still no good. Where do I go from here? (I am retired so no longer paying for support, but still wish to use Autocad from time to time for home projects). Help please. Art :cry:

This may help... Have you recently installed you SP2?

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=6270908

KC

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this only applies to Win Vista. For Windows 7, there is only service pack 1 and that is already installed. N.B. Autocad was working on this computer, but has now stopped, although I have no idea what I have done to crash it since the original installation. Thanks, A

Please check the solution from this thread.

Regards,

Mircea

Thanks Mircea

I do not think this will help as it mainly refers to Win Vista. My machine was a new build Windows 7 and the software did work when originally installed. I have not used it for some time and suspect that some update has caused the crash. For Win 7 there is only SP1 (SP2 does not exist at this time). Thanks for trying to help.Best, Art

Have you tried the REPAIR option?

Yes - I tried both Autodesk repair and also their re-install option. I guess the next option might be to uninstall and re-install, but I did not want to do that if there is a simpler solution / without knowing that this is likely to cure the problem. Rgds, A

If it works before, it could be a Windows hotfix that cause this. Try to uninstall recent Windows updates/hotfix from your computer.

Do you have a restore point to go back to when AutoCAD worked? Have you ran any updates? Have you ran any registry cleaners lately? Installed any new updates or programs?

I moved your posts from the other thread to the one you already created. No need to try to ask the same questions in two threads, it makes things confusing.