How can I drow 3D ramp on AutoCAD???

Sarah4arch

I'm guessing, since you have provided very little detail, that you are attempting to do this in 3D. Is that right?

What dimensions are you working with?

The height between floors is 3 meters. OK. How many floors?

What is the width of the ramp? What kind of radius were you going to use for the curved portion of the ramp?

Details required. The more information you can provide the better.

So it sounds like you might want to use the Helix command perhaps or is there some feature in Architecture 2012 that is more suitable?

they're 3 floors with this share and then for the other 5 stories I'll shange the shape to a circular ramp.

the ramp width is 4.5meters for the first ramps and 9 meters for the circular ones.

and the redius for curved portion is about 10 meters I think but I'm not completely sure till now.....

I'm confused. The shape you intend to use for the first three floors is going to be straight and for the next five floors it will be circular?

Why are the first ramps 4.5m wide and the others 9m wide?

It doesn't sound like you have completely decided on your final design yet.

yes I am working on it now , but I can explain my idea for you ... the straight ramp is for just one direction coz their are 2 ramps up and down but in the opposite direction.

I don't know if that is "ok" or not. I don't design parking garages for a living. I'm just trying to get you to explain, in as much detail as you can, the basis of your design so we'll have a better understanding of what you are attempting to do.

The ramps that handle two-way traffic will be divided by wall down the middle?

Regarding the actual creation of the circular ramp(s) have you given any thought to the use of the helix command? Perhaps sweeping a profile of the ramp(s) along the spiral?

The ramps that handle two-way traffic will be divided by wall down the middle?

yes, of corse they will .

Regarding the actual creation of the circular ramp(s) have you given any thought to the use of the helix command? Perhaps sweeping a profile of the ramp(s) along the spiral?

yeah, I dont think that the circular ramps are dificult as much as the other ones coz the curved portion with the straight !!! I can't understand how can I do it!!....

I would think the straight ones would be much like going up a flight of stairs to a landing then ascending the next flight of stairs that run in the opposite direction of the first. Yes?

• 1 month later...

Sarah: Very nice job. Thank you for sharing the image with us. I thought that since we did not hear back from you that you had changed career tracks. LOL Glad to see you stuck with it.

You're entirely welcomed. Hope to see you around more.