azimuth dimensioning

cimstin

.... also it says for bearings?... and i need azimuths, any thoughts?

The two words are synonymous. It depends where in the world you are. In the UK, the geographic direction of a line is said to be a bearing (more correctly a Whole Circle Bearing) and it is the angle from North measured clockwise. Other places in the world call the same thing an azimuth, but in AutoCAD it is known as Surveyor's Units, and is further complicated by being divided into four quadrants which have to have extra letter descriptions to ensure you are in the correct quadrant.

But as you are using Civil3D, I am surprised that you don't have an inbuilt labelling routine.

haha well im still a baby at this autocad stuff, but I found a solution within Civil 3D that is a little easier for anyone else who is having trouble, by going into toolspace, settings, General, label styles, line, and creating a copy of the "Azimuth and arrow over distance" label style. I then played around by edited the settings to hide the direction arrow and be on the layer i wanted but i fiund that you HAVE to click apply first then ok haha. Then i went into lines/curves on the top menu bar, add lines/curve labels, and then add lines and curve labels... and selected the new label style I created from the drop down arrow. and clicked add!I did that for both single and multiple segments. then when i wanted to dimension the line i went to Lines/curves on the top menu, add lines/curves labels, single segment and clicked on the line!!! WA LA!

• 3 years later...