Drawing Board 3 and Windows 7

css

Have just installed new Windows 7 boxes. We are using AutoCad Map3d 2010. We also have the Calcomp Drawing Board 3. I can't get AutoCad to recognize the board. I have installed the latest Tablet Works software from the web site, but for some reason I think there should be something involving WinTab.

Any help would be great.

Calcomp only offered one, TabletWorks Version 10.09

Here i9s the link to where I found it.

http://www.calcomp.com/supportgtcocalcompsoftware.htm

This is the only thing I have been able to find. The error message I get when AutoCad lauches is "Error with the Wintab Compatible Digitizer. Contact your digitizer vendor for a copy of the Wintab software"

i must ask, is there anything out there that is going to get a Drawing Board 3 to run in Windows 7 64bit?

Might be easier to use a Tee Square with an iPad.

Well, you could always contact them as what you're experiencing is contrary to what they state on their page: http://www.interworldna.com/GTCO/gtco-drivers.php

According to that the DB3 "should" work on Win7 with their driver version 10.09. Although it does sound as if they've had some nasty problems. Perhaps try the driver from that other company they're referring to there. They have a one driver fits all tablets, and also state their version 7.11 works on Vista & W7.

Might be easier to use a Tee Square with an iPad.

Exactly. If you hit it hard enough with the T-square, the Ipad will go about 26 yards.:lol:

I had something constructive but totally wrong here, so I erased it.