Array tool help...

granth

Hey guys, i'm teaching myself AutoCAD on the 2012 version and can't figure out the array tool based on the instructions I have. I am following/using the we-r-here lessons and it says to follow a link to a video but the video just doesn't help me. Maybe i'm missing something.

This is the link ( http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_1/1-7.htm ). It's a bit down the page. The whole lesson makes sense up until making the .5" square. Their array tool brings up an options box, mine doesn't. I found the array tool and have attempted to use it through the command bar but it doesn't do as needed.

The options box that comes up on the lesson shows the .5" square actually as a rectangle as well. Can anyone kind of point me in the right direction on this?

I apologize for the thread, I jumped the gun on posting. I figured it out, though i'm sure there is far far more to learn about this pesky array tool!. :D

I use school computers, so it's all up to them whether or not updates are installed. I would imagine that I am not using the program with an update.

Also, the rectangle is just a generic dummy shape. Even if you array a circle, or a triangle, or a starfish, you get the same grey rectangle in the preview area.

I should say that I can speak for up to the 2010v2 Mechanical, and if memory serves, then also vanilla 2011 is the same.