free 3d model downloads

chris diver

Hi does anyone know of any good sites where i could obtain fruit / vegetable 3d models? I know of the ones such as Turbosquid, where you can purchase..but i am looking for free models, particularly vegetables such as lettuce.

I am aiming on getting the model into 3ds max and exporting into CAD then Inventor for specific engineering purposes...unless someone knows where i could obtain Step/Sat or even Inventor files?

Thanks

Chris.

Engineering fruits and vegetables in Inventor? :unsure:

Have you looked through the free sites listed here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?32298-Sites-Offering-Free-3D-Models

If you can't find what you're looking for on those free sites then you're going to have to either build your own models or get out your credit card and take a trip to Turbosquid. I saw a pretty good looking head of lettuce over there for $20. There was also one for $5, but it didn't look quite as good.

I still don't understand why you need a model of lettuce in Inventor though? :?

• 8 months later...