Move drawing from Layout tab to Model tab

dog2bert

Why not just draw in modelspace?

Anywho, create a block of all objects in paperspace, then insert the block into modelspace. Explode the block and then delete the objects in paperspace.

Just for curiosity's sake, why did you draw everything in paperspace?

Type BLOCK in the command line. You will be asked for a block name, then there will be a button to select the objects that you want to include in the block. Click the button, select the objects, click OK.

No prob. Just remember that you don't need to cross post in multiple forum areas. Someone will get to your question sooner or later, and cross posting will only enrage the powers that be (basically, cross posting is frowned upon).

Why do you need to print it at 1:1 scale? Typically, you use a sheet size that you can print and use scaled viewports to show the images.

You'll need to create a custom sized sheet of paper in your plotter manager, then plot using a PDF driver to create a file at that size. Then you'll need to print the PDF using the tiled option and the 8.5x11 sheet size. This will break up the drawing into multiple sheets.

I want to make full size templates of various parts.

That can be done but it takes some doing and it's not something anyone of us here could just give you some cookie cutter instructions on how to do it. Especially without seeing what you're trying to print. The biggest obstacle will come when you're trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. There are things known as print margins which all printers have, basically an area around the border of each page which they cannot print in. These are different on different printers so that you will have to account for.

You could make a bunch of viewports and use them to breakup the full size part into pieces. Let me rephrase that, you won't actually be breaking the part up, you're just breaking up the views of the various areas of the parts. It can be done, done it many times myself but don't think it's easy and as clear cut as you would first think.

If possible, can you send the drawing over to a commercial printer who would have the ability to print out full-size prints on larger paper for you. Depends on your time and budget but pasting all these pieces back together from multiple A size sheets can be time consuming.

Good Luck!

Looks like I will be going the "print to PDF" way. Should fit my needs.

I was originally looking to get these cut on a CNC, but no luck in my area.

Isn't there an Express Tool for this, something like change space? I looked in 2012 but I remember a guy I worked with years ago that did something like this in CAD-07.