Image not Printing in AutoCAD

Fastdraft

I have quite a few drawings in AutoCAD 2009 that have images attached. some of them print just fine and some wont print the image anyone know why????

I inserted the image by the following: Edit\Paste Special\Picture (Metafile) and they are tif files.

I cant post the drawings.

And cant use Raster image because they it would be referenced in and cant have any reference files in the drawing, has to be embeded

Without further information, I'd check the layer that the images are inserted on. They may be nonplotting. For future reference, it's important to be aware of which layer is current whenever you create/insert objects.

It sounds like the image is on a layer that is set to no plot. Try a plot preview and see if it comes with in the plot preview. If it does and it is not printing then it could be a plot style problem.

• 2 years later...
It sounds like the image is on a layer that is set to no plot. Try a plot preview and see if it comes with in the plot preview. If it does and it is not printing then it could be a plot style problem.

good thinking

I have had this problem before and it turned out to be a printer driver problem.

We had a fancy Toshiba printer that would not print images within Autocad drawings; using the Windows control panel I changed the printer driver from a ps3 driver to a pcl6 driver and that cured the problem.

(The pcl6 driver was actually for a HP laserjet not the Toshiba but it worked ok).

DOH!

:censored:

I hadn't checked the OP date, my bad.

The thread came up in the new posts after chiumeow had added his.

Im not usually into post necromancy.

not really that important, right?

Yes, its important.

The previous post to your first was three years old.

You can reckon that a thread that has not been used for over three months has been solved or has gone dead.

You should generally leave them alone unless the OP (original poster) resurrects them.

EDIT

Why is it important?

Resurrecting old threads with just a comment like 'good thinking' is often a sure sign of a spammer.

You might get away with it once or twice but keep doing it and you will soon have the mods taking action.

Edited by nukecad