configuration manager vs smart components?

skan

Smart components are commonly used parts that possibly have associations with others. For instance if you have a machined shaft that has a keyway or C clip you may want to insert that shaft with those components or have them snap into place when you drag them into an assembly.

Configurations can be used for many different things. I typically use configurations in Assemblies by suppressing components and saving views for my detailed engineering drawings. You can use configs inside parts as well. This will let you change dimensions, add or suppress features etc. This is helpful for things that have multiple versions that only vary slightly. An example might be a flange that has different sizes or bolt patterns based on how its mounted. You can also control these with design tables pretty well.

Do you have a specific application you are trying to work on?

Do you have a specific application you are trying to work on?

Hello

I was reading a tutorial and "smart components" appeared. Then I thought I don't understand why we need smart components if we already have configurations.