Structural Drafting With Autocad, help with the last 3 plates

paisis123

...and i am not sure but i think the metal sinidg is attached to the girders, right? so do i draw the columns that are behind?

Thank you

That's just one of many areas where the Penn-Foster project instructions come up short. They don't actually tell you how the metal siding is attached or to what. Since the siding is on the perimeter of the building it seems as though it would have to be attached to the perimeter beams but nowhere in the instructions does it tell the student how this is accomplished. Perhaps there is a piece of angle (ex. 3x3x1/4) welded to the top or bottom of the beams that extends far enough out so the back of the siding (I'm talking about the exterior siding) is flush with the face or edges of the columns. They just don't say.

and about that siding. can i keep it attached to the girders like i have or should i attached it to the beams? i am slowly learning construction:)

The drawings are supposed to be set up to plot on a 11x17 paper size. That means your text can't be so small that it is unreadable.

What text height are you using for your dimensions?

What text height are you using for the callouts?

There is metal siding running vertically (building walls) and metal decking (to support the concrete slab) running horizontally. Which are you talking about?

hi

i really appreciate your quick response to every question but i have access to the computer only in the evening and sometimes mornings.

so the text height for dimensions is 17/32 and for callouts 3/64. and i mean the metal siding running vertically

i dont know what i did wrong but when i do it dimension text is very small and because it was scaled detail i did .4 but it still looks smaller. how to change it?

You probably applied a scale factor to your dimension text within the dimension style dialog box either on the Fit or the Primary Units tab.

Your old heights were .53125 for your dimensions and .046875 for your text. The first was too big (it's evident just by looking at your drawing). The second, in my opinion, is too small. 1/16" equals .0625 and your text was smaller than that. That is why I suggested using .1 which is slightly smaller than 1/8" (.125) that many companies standardize on.

I thought the channel rests on the top of the bottom flange. Yours is slightly off the flange.

"Can I do siding this way?" I'm not sure what you mean. The siding is vertical. In a section it would be represented by a straight line.

The concrete slab would normally end at the outside edge of flange. During the construction phase a plate would be welded to the flange to act as a barrier around the perimeter of the floor. Once again, Penn-Foster fails to give the student enough information thus leading them to guess what is expected of them. Contact your "instructor" to get clarification.

i tried but it seems to be very big. is there any way i could send actual file so you could check it?

Please see the Private Message I sent you moments ago. Act now; this is a limited time offer.

• 11 months later...

Hey is there anyway someone can send me the next couple projects and i can pay you? i have no use for this course anymore but still wish to have my certificate. Willing to work out some payment option?

I should have guessed when I saw the other thread you started that you were a reluctant Penn-Foster student.

Bottom line: the majority of us will not create drawings for students nor hand over drawings we have created on our own for classes that we took. It's nothing personal mind you but most of us feel it is the responsibility of the student to do the work and receive the grade. While I understand and sympathize with the position you are in personally I would not feel right giving you, even for payment, the drawing files necessary to complete the course and get your certificate.

If you change your mind I'd be happy to assist you in doing the drawings as far as advice and images go but that is the best I can offer. Please give it some thought.

Regards,

ReMark

• Like 1